N.I. Dance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good headphones for mixing/mastering

3 posters

Go down

good headphones for mixing/mastering Empty good headphones for mixing/mastering

Post  webkid Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 pm

what are some decent ones for 150-200 bucks? or if you know of a steal please let me know, i badly need some, its driving me crazy not having any so i'm gonna sell my ps3 and the games, i figure thats good for 200 bucks. so help me out, i know theres some pros around here

webkid

Back to top Go down

good headphones for mixing/mastering Empty Re: good headphones for mixing/mastering

Post  palumohan Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm

use a good music program like cubase which you can add effect and change levels on each track then mix it until you find a result u like u can pan tracks to left or right if there are two guitars playing harmonies 1 on the right and 1 on the left usually sounds cool. otherwise you could find a professional producer or someone who works in a recording studio to do it for you although they may charge a lot of money.
======================
Search Engine Optimization UK | Link Building Services

palumohan

Back to top Go down

good headphones for mixing/mastering Empty good headphones for mixing/mastering

Post  qaz11 Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:41 am

Mix the way you normally would - start with your drums, get them sounding right, then add in your bass (never mix bass solo, always mix with the band), your guitars, and your vocals. You may or may not prefer to mix vocals before bass and guitar - personal preference. The important elements to a metal track are the kick, the lead guitar, and the vocals, I figure, so those should take precedence, sonically, over the other elements of the music.

There are so many little tricks and tips that's it's hard to go into without knowing what you already know - you need to spend some time googling for information. "mix kick db" and "mix guitar db" has gotten me some good results.

It's important to watch your bass frequencies - bass = mud. Use your panning and EQ wisely to make sonic space for every instrument, but also to highlight the frequencies of each that stand out.

===============
Funeral Insurance| Funeral Cover

qaz11

Back to top Go down

good headphones for mixing/mastering Empty Re: good headphones for mixing/mastering

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down